- If you have non walking little ones or want to avoid the crowded trick or treat neighborhoods, try out one of these “Trick or Trunk” events:
- Kids are invited to trick or treat from car to car in the Middlebury United Methodist Church parking lot. Cider and donuts available in the Fellowship Hall. Church is at the corner of North Pleasant and Seminary streets.
- Children of the Leicester community are invited to trick-or-treat from car to car in the Leicester Central School parking lot. Info: 247-8187 or heatherlaporte@
- Preschoolers are invited to don their favorite costume and join in for bewitching tales at the Ilsley Public Library “Costume Storytime” Thursday, October 31 at 10:30 a.m.
- As part of the current exhibition, Portraits at the Fair, photographer George Bouret will set up a photo booth at the Vermont FolkLife Center in Middlebury with his camera, lights and backdrops to take portraits of anyone that stops by in costume or gets dressed up with George’s eccentric props! All ages welcome. $20 for printed portrait from photo booth. Open from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- The current art exhibit at the Sheldon Museum is fascinating for school aged kids. The exhibit, Fashion and Fantasy at the Edge of the Forest, was scheduled only through November 3, but they’re extending it due to popular demand! Plus, the doll house in their interactive room has been revamped by a volunteer, so it’s chock full of fun little things to play with.
- Children of all ages are invited to the Town Hall Theater presentation of Shrek the Musical! Shrek the Musical, based on the Oscar® winning DreamWorks film that started it all, brings the hilarious story of everyone’s favorite ogre to dazzling new life on the stage. The show runs from November 7 – 17 with three matinée showings 11/10, 11/16, & 11/17 at 2:00 p.m.. Be sure to reserve your tickets today here! $23 adults/$18 children 12 and under.
What’s your Halloween plan? Share your route with us!
P.S. Enjoy those after work and school adventures this week because Daylight Savings Time ends Sunday…. ugh.