Have you been to the Middlebury Farmer’s Market yet? The Farmer’s Market is a quintessential summer activity and makes for an excellent outing with kids! There’s plenty to see and do with the whole family, plus lots of yummy items to try out or pick up for dinner. The market also offers a great opportunity to practice math skills. Just start asking your kids to add up the bill for you, or do some price comparisons between vendors! And as if that wasn’t enough to lure you out of the house, this summer the market will include live entertainment and special event days too! Here’s the tentative line up for the summer:
- June 29: Keith Williams of Spider Roulette
- July 6: Jim Shaw
- July 10 (Wednesday): Eric Swanson of Soulstice
- July 13:
- July 20: Steve Spensley
- July 27: Youth Vendor Day – a day for children to sell their creations – food, crafts, etc. see below for more details*
- August 3: Jim Shaw
- August 10: Snake Mountain Bluegrass
- August 14 (Wednesday): Eric Swanson of Soulstice
- August 17: Tomato Tasting Day – sample a selection of the many varieties of tomatoes available in VT
- August 21 (Wednesday): Keith Williams of Spider Roulette
- August 24: Dusty Pilgrims
- August 31: Picnic at the Market Day – more details soon
- September 7: Steve Spensley
- September 14: Kimberly Arnold
- September 28: Harvest Festival – more details soon
*Children are welcome to sell crafts, artwork, baked goods, prepared foods, agricultural products (such as eggs, wool, meat, produce), or anything else they can think of! If you think your child might be interested in participating in Youth Vendor Day, or you’d just like to learn more, email Kelli Shuttleworth with your child’s age, product and questions.
The Middlebury Farmer’s Market also participates in the Vermont Farm to Family Program. The Farm to Family Program gives WIC participants coupons for free, locally grown, fresh vegetables and fruits from farmers’ markets. WIC participants over the age of 6 months are eligible for Farm to Family coupons which are available on a first come, first serve basis. Coupon books will be available at the Middlebury Farmer’s Market on the following days: Saturday, June 29, Wednesday, July 29, and Wednesday, August 14. For more details click here.
What’s your favorite farmer’s market find? And who do you think will have the freshest corn selection this season?
is this happening in 2017