One of our favorite events of the year is coming up and we’re anxious to share all the details with you today! “Peeper’s Rendezvous” is the annual fundraiser for the Addison County Parent Child Center at the home of Woody and Ingrid Jackson. The outdoor family-friendly event runs from 5:30 to 8:30 on Thursday, May 19, 2016.
If you go, here’s what you can expect:
- a large tent with a buffet style pig roast dinner with kid-friendly options as well as gourmet offerings for adults, plus plenty of tables to eat at.
- adult beverages i.e. beer and wine.
- lots and lots of open space for kids to run around and play. Ingrid and Woody have raised two teenage boys from toddlerhood at this house, so the outdoor space invites children to play and explore. You’ll see groups of kids running around, playing tag, throwing balls, plenty of imaginative play and lawn games.
- A large barn/garage filled with silent auction items including local and regional offerings at a wide variety of price points.
- Live music by the LeMon Trio – an eclectic mix of jazz originals.
- A hilarious Comedy Show by The Secret Circus. The nimble performers call themselves Agents Honeymoon and Butterfly, and their act — filled with acrobatics, juggling and “comedic weaponry” is silly, funny and sure to please everyone in attendance. Expect some audience participation, embarrassment, slap stick comedy aimed to please the little kids and just enough comedic dare-devil-ness to have everyone on the edge of their seats (though you may actually be sitting on the ground).
While there are many reasons we love this event, our top pick is the inclusive, relaxed atmosphere. Whether you have three kids under 6, a gaggle of elementary aged kids, or a full spectrum of toddlers to teens, this event incorporates elements friendly to all ages! The Parent Child Center staff, volunteers and board members work hard to give young families a healthy start, we hope you join us in supporting them this year at Peeper’s Rendezvous. We hope to see you at this fun celebration of spring, community and family!
Ticket price: $40/person or $80 for a family. Includes entertainment, dinner, wine, beer & hard cider.
Are tickets required for the meal and entertainment? And if so, what is the amount?
$40/person or $80 for a family
ticket price includes dinner, wine, kegs of beer & hard cider