Can we all agree that summer planning is difficult? Seriously, we could spend hours ranting about how fast camps fill up, how varied registration periods are and how 9:00am – 3:00pm is not technically a full day. But you already know that. You need to know what camps are out there and you need a tool that makes planning easier. That’s why we’ve been cultivating a list of summer camps over the past few years and why we’re really excited to introduce you to our newest version. The 2016 Summer Camp Guide is designed to simplify planning, and ensure that your children have access to the very best in education, athletics and arts offered through summer camp programs.
Having a list of camp names, links, dates and general descriptions ALL.IN.ONE.PLACE will make finding summer camps – your kiddos will love – on the weeks you need care – easier. We promise.
Check out our top picks for summer below and then hop over to the Summer Camp Guide for LOTS more great camps. And speaking of more camps, check back frequently, because we’re adding new camps every day and have plans to release another planning tool next month….the summer camp calendar is coming back!
Camp Name: Green Mountain Adventures – sponsored by Middlebury Mountaineer
- General Description: Now in our 18th season, Green Mountain Adventures offers a variety of outdoor adventure day camps uniquely designed to safely lead children and young adults into the vast playground of rocks, rivers, and mountains surrounding our Central Vermont community. Participants engage in multi-activity wilderness adventures including canoeing and kayaking, mountain biking, fly fishing, geocaching, caving, river-tubing, and rock climbing.
- Enrollment Options: full day/full week, plus one overnight camp
- Age/gender: 6-15; co-ed
- Dates: 6 separate week-long sessions in June – August
- Times: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Kids Camp Video: https://youtu.be/rYUn6uqemwQ
Camp Name: Sunrise Orchards Art Camp 2016 Flyer
- General Description: Students will create hand-made stick puppets, study and learn about science and humanities through drawing, painting, building a stage and set design, writing a play, and performing it for you on the last day of camp.
- Enrollment Options: half day, full week (two week long sessions)
- Age/gender: 6-12
- Dates: July 11-15 + July 18-22
- Times: 9:00 am – 1:00pm
Camp Name: Whiskers & Wags – at Homeward Bound Addison County’s Humane Society
- General Description: Hands-on humane education camp aimed at teaching children proper pet care behavior; safety around animals; encouraging empathy toward animals and their welfare; and exposing children to careers involving animals.
- Enrollment Options: full day / full week
- Age/gender: 8-11; co-ed
- Dates: August 8-12 and August 15-19
- Times: 9:00 am – 3:00pm plus early and after care available (additional fees may apply)
Camp name: Willowell Summer Camps
- General Description: From Jedi Training, to Tai Chi for teens, to Farm to Table cooking camp, Coyote Clan Adventure, and more, there’s something for everyone at Willowell. The Willowell land will be alive with outdoor education, adventure, creativity, and youth empowerment this summer.
- Enrollment Options: Full week (Monday-Friday); full day and half day sessions
- Age/gender: 4-17; co-ed
- Dates: one-week sessions from June – August; please check website for specific camp dates and times
- Tuition assistance: Need-based scholarships available for each camp. Please inquire by emailing [email protected]
Finally, if you haven’t taken our quick and painless survey about summer camps, please give us three minutes of your time. We’re sharing the results with local camp directors, so feel free to be painfully honest. Thank you to all who have responded, we LOVE reading your comments and can’t wait to share them. Click here to take survey
Create your own user feedback survey