Perhaps a more relevant question might be what’s not happening this weekend? Snow. The forecast calls for none of the white stuff, but plenty of sunshine on Saturday, which means heading outside and enjoying all the community events won’t leave you freezing and sick, holiday bonus! Our calendar is bursting with events, so be sure to head over and plan your attack. Here are our top five picks for this busiest of weekends:
- Tonight shop local in Bristol, shops will be open late during the Chocolate Walk and every Friday night in December as part of their Cool Yule celebration.
- The unofficial, official, kick-off weekend for Very Merry Middlebury. Watch Santa arrive via firetrucks at 9:45, you won’t be alone.
- Festival of Wreaths at Town Hall Theater. Saturday bid on your favorite decorated wreath in a giant silent auction! MiniBury recommends swinging by near the end of the event if you really want to win! Proceeds benefit Mary Johnson Children’s Center.
- Vergennes Holiday Stroll a fun-filled day of activities including Santa’s Village at the Opera House from 12:00-3pm..think visits with Santa, photos, holiday crafts and even an ugly sweater contest!
- Final showing of the Nutcrackers Adventure at MUHS.